Saturday, 28 April 2007

FOSIS Blog March/April '07

Admittedly this blog is a bit late and past the submission

I ask Allah SWT that this finds you all in good health and Iman,

It’s ISOC election season again. Moving on from ISOC can be quite an emotional experience; one feels as though they’re leaving their family to embark upon a far journey. What’s crucial is that the experiences and skills acquired from Islamic Society do not go to waste, and that they are developed and invested back in to the community through other voluntary schemes and projects. I invite all the brothers and sisters who’ve just left ISOC to seriously consider joining FOSIS to help us in our continuous endeavour to serve and represent Islamic Societies in the UK and Ireland.

The highlights of fosis in the late period, as far as I’m concerned, are:

Let the ISOC’s speak. This endeavour by ISC to proactively engage with Islamic Societies on the ground proved extremely valuable and successful. The brothers and sisters from ISC and Islamic Societies discussed key issues of concern, held fosis to account and offered invaluable ideas and suggestions that will help us determine our future priorities and direction. Most certainly you will find a more in depth review of the tour in Br Zahid’s blog (Head of ISC).

NUS Conference. I won’t dwell too much on the politics as the news must have reached all corners of the UK Student World Already. But what I do want to mention is the brotherhood/sisterhood experienced at the conference will be memorable. Many from around the country came together and worked as one solid team solely for the sake of Allah, despite not knowing each other beforehand. They’re experiences such as this which keep one driven to excel further in this field of work.

Imam Ziaullah Khan’s tour. This tour was concluded just this last Tuesday. Of course there’s always room to improve our work, but by the grace of Allah 2 people came in to the fold of Islam during the Imam’s tour. Adding to the 2 whom embraced Islam during our earlier tour with Idris Tawfiq 4 people (that we know about) have come to Islam in total, by Allah’s Grace and Mercy first and foremost, through the work of Muslim Students. We ask Allah SWT to reward Imam Zia, Br Bilal from the Midlands (tour coordinator), and everyone else who contributed to making this tour a success.

I’d like to keep this blog brief and concise and you’ll find greater detail in the others.

I ask Allah SWT to continue to reward the great brothers and sisters who are carrying the banner of da’wah in every Islamic Society, Islamic organisation or individual endeavour …

Wsalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

No comments: